Coaling of New Locomotives at East End Shops

Sun Jul 3 21:10:19 EDT 2022

As I remember it, there was a supply of coal kept in the vicinity of the
tank shop for new tenders, and a  standpipe for water.
So when it was taken to the roundhouse to match up with its locomotive, it
already had enough stuff to cover the initial firing and movement to
Shaffers Crossing.
 - Ed King