Engine Painting

Thu Aug 18 15:42:15 EDT 2022

Ken,The recent change of color on the "Taw Valley" over in England was brush painted.https://images.app.goo.gl/ucw1mgGiHCNofLXF9Jimmy LisleSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: NW Mailing List <nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org> Date: 8/18/22  3:04 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: N&W Mailing List <mailing-list at nwhs.org> Subject: Engine Painting AllSince the list has been overly quiet for too long, I saw this posted on another group, and it got me wondering about the N&W.The question was regarding the method of painting the steam locomotives. I kind of assumed that N&W used a spray system, but the comments regarding the question tended to indicate a number of roads brush painted by hand.From the original finish on the Class J, it sure looks sprayed to me. But good brush painters can get a great finish.But in the steam era, how were locomotives painted at Roanoke Shops?BestKen Miller________________________________________NW-Mailing-List at nwhs.orgTo change your subscription go tohttp://list.nwhs.org/mailman/options/nw-mailing-listBrowse the NW-Mailing-List archives athttp://list.nwhs.org/pipermail/nw-mailing-list/