T-6 diesels

Thu Sep 15 11:37:47 EDT 2022

Ken is correct that the piping is for the sanders. Just look at this photo.
https://www.nwhs.org/archivesdb/detail.php?ID=152682

Looking at available photos in the Archives online, there are not any
good close photos of what the appliances are on the running board. Not
all locos appear to have them. My best guess is that those appliances
have something to do with the braking system.
Note the writing on the side of the cab in the photo below!
https://www.nwhs.org/archivesdb/detail.php?ID=97765

Jimmy Lisle