Rural Retreat Depot is open today

Sun Oct 9 09:06:45 EDT 2022

‘Tis indeed a perfect day to visit us here at the Summit inRural Retreat! The drive here from anywhere is stunning, with Fall colorspopping out everywhere. The Depot is open today, October 9, from 2 until 5 PM, and ourtrained docents, Heidi and Amy, will be there to guide you through our history museumand the restored 1860’s building. Frank Akers will be there as well, to providehis personal memories of his grandfather, Agent J. L. Akers, who was thesubject of two of O. Winston Link’s favorite photos. Admission and a Dr. Pepperare free for our visitors. The Depot is about a mile south of Exit 60 off I-81,between Wytheville and Marion.