Rural Retreat Depot is open today

Thu Oct 13 21:20:37 EDT 2022

Does anyone happen to know the loco # in this classic Link shot at Rural
Retreat?

John Garner

Tis indeed a perfect day to visit us here at the Summit in Rural
Retreat! The drive here from anywhere is stunning, with Fall colors
popping out everywhere. The Depot is open today, October 9, from 2 until
5 PM, and our trained docents, Heidi and Amy, will be there to guide you
through our history museum and the restored 1860’s building. Frank Akers
will be there as well, to provide his personal memories of his
grandfather, Agent J. L. Akers, who was the subject of two of O. Winston
Link’s favorite photos. Admission and a Dr. Pepper are free for our
visitors. The Depot is about a mile south of Exit 60 off I-81,between
Wytheville and Marion.