Alex Schust Letter

Tue Jan 3 14:13:05 EST 2023

     Opening up the new Issue 4 of "The Arrow" and reading Alex Schust's
letter to the editor (pg.2), I feel compelled to strongly disagree with
Mr. Schust's concerns about Mr. Hensley's article in "From the Archives"
back in Issue 3. Maybe Mr. Schust is forgetting what the old N&W
Magazine used to be. Back before social media was what it is today,
there was in the  back of the N&W Magazine a section called "Folks Along
The Line". In this section people from each department or Division
talked about interesting things that happened to them over the course of
the year. People describing their vacations, trips to see family,
children's births, family deaths, etc. This was one of the few ways
company people could interact with one another.
     I find no difference in Mr. Hensley's account of a part of his
young life and finding a photo of himself than I do reading about what
was going on way back when. If you go back through the issues of the N&W
Mag. and read about "The Folks Along The Line", I think that you too
will find some of the stories told can be quite interesting!

Jimmy Lisle