Trail with Rails

Wed Jan 11 14:31:28 EST 2023

Jimmy
I have been wondering if/when a group like this would enter into the fray. From my travels in the area over the years, it seems the rails & ROW is as in good shape as the C&W was before the SVRR upgraded it between Staunton & the Pleasant Valley interchange point with NS.   Signals @ crossings are still intact. Tie replacement & fresh ballast would be needed.
NS services mostly farm/grain/feed customers along the way as far north as Broadway. If any kind of combination freight & tourist rail business is to be successful, it will take a great deal of effort & coordination with businesses that would be served, local governments & Federal money. There would need to be interchange negotiations with NS to the South & Winchester & Western(?) to the North. Not sure about possible interchange arrangements around Front Royal. (?)
Wonder if W&W, BB or SVRR might be interested as operators/partners.
Worth following……..

Herb Edwards

Sent from my iPhone