Auville under wire

Thu Jan 12 12:58:30 EST 2023

I downloaded a few aerials from https://earthexplorer.usgs.gov <https://earthexplorer.usgs.gov/> from 1956 and 1957, but unfortunately I wasn’t able to locate the tower, let alone the wire. However, I’m not familiar with the area - Mike (or others) that know the area better may be able to find clues as to the source and destination of the high-tension wires in the photo Mike shared, which in turn might help answer the question as to their use.

From my desk chair, I think I see three wires, which suggests typical three-phase power distribution (one conductor for each phase).

Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio, US
Not an power-distribution expert, but is friends with some...