College Special Train and Special Car

Thu Jan 19 16:14:51 EST 2023

I’m guessing the last sentence meant the special was operating WB on the EB track and Dunlap, looking out the rear, saw the EB signal display Clear after the train passed. Sound like Dunlap didn’t understand how automatic block signals work since an automatic in Rule 251 territory (double track current of track) does nothing more than show the status of the track beyond it which would have been clear. They’re not dispatcher controlled and there is nothing the dispatcher can do to make them display anything else.

--
Larry Stone
lstone19 at stonejongleux.com