N&W lantern on eBay

Tue Feb 7 07:33:11 EST 2023

Bill

I no longer collect lanterns, but many years ago did acquire a number of them.

This is what I’d call a standard, stock Adlake short globe lantern. It appears to have not been used and the date on the bottom appears to be 1-63. I’ve got one just like it dated 1970, so it is not one of the last, but I suspect that the 1970 one is.

Prices on railroadiana in general is what someone will pay for it is what it might be worth, at least to the purchaser. My only comment otherwise is, if I could sell my very common stuff for this kind of inflated price, it would already be gone!

Once again, I do not collect lanterns, but I think on the outside, this might be a $60-75 lantern, and that would have to be someone who really wants one. The red globe makes it a tiny bit better, but certainly it is certainly not a marked globe.

Your actual mileage may vary.

Best
Ken Miller