N&W Coal Car Book

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sun Aug 1 00:02:37 EDT 2004

 > I've been trying to find a good copy of the N&W Coal Car book - not sure
 > of the exact title or author - that is for sale. This is the hard
 > covered book that was published about 5-6 years ago. I've tried several
 > locations unsuccessfully, including the Commissary and on-line book
 > sellers. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to go?

The citation for the book is:

"Norfolk and Western coal cars from 1881 to 1998"
by Andrew Dow
1998
TLC Pub., Lynchburg VA
ISBN: 1883089360
248 p. : ill. ; 29 cm.

There is a used copy at http://www.karensbooks.com for $85

Every now and then one shows up on eBay and they tend to sell for less.

You can also keep an eye on http://www.addall.com (search under the "used
and out of print" tab) and http://www.bookfinder.com. Both are metasearch
engines for books. There is some overlap between them but also many unique
dealers. I would suggest using both "and" and "&" when search N&W stuff.

Another good source for hard-to-find rail books and magazines is
http://www.railpub.com

David Adams