O scale

nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu May 26 21:35:13 EDT 2005

Hi Christopher

My wife and I live on a small farm west of Richmond - and are in the process of building a large O-Gauge layout in the basement.  Will cover about 800 square feet when finished.  Am also active in O-Gauge modular layouts in the area - with the next modular shows to be at the Chesterfield County Show in August (16 x 24), a larger layout at the local Masonic Steam Show the first of October, and possibly another holidays late to support a local Railroad Museum in Crewe, VA. The show at the Chesterfield county fair is a 9  day event so always looking for some extra hands.

I'm always interested in meeting and communicating with people of like interest and I travel to MD a number of times a year to see our son in Rockville, MD.

I am finishing the bench work and hope to lay track in about three weeks - a family reunion to get through first. Summertime is always busy on a farm -especially one that's just being started up since we sold the home farm a couple years ago.  But still try to work on the trains when weathers bad and getting ready for a big push this coming fall/winter.  The layout will have the capability of being able to run loops for open houses, or as a real railroad for operating sessions.  Wills be a large city industry section - 40' x 14'; and a Branch line for coal and timber - 34' x 8.  Both sections will be tired together for operating sessions.  Plan on modeling the late 1940s and early 1950s.  Will wire it to run DCS and TMCC as well as conventional.  I have a collection of different manufacturers.

Would be interested in exchanging photos, ideas. etc.

Bests

Ron Timma
Hidden Depot Farm Bed and Breakfast
23745 St. James Rd