UP color scheme N&W passenger car

N and W Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Nov 18 09:10:02 EST 2006

These cars were in the City of St. Louis pool. Wabash began operating
the COSL between Kansas City and St. Louis on June 2, 1946. Wabash
participated by supplying 4 Western series sleepers, 4 coaches (Nos. 1427-
1430) and in 1958 purchased dome coach No. 203. One of the coaches
stenciled Norfolk and Western was the 1838. Although UP continued
to operate the City of St. Louis to Kansas City, N&W dropped the KC-
St. Louis portion in 1969. I'm not sure about this, but I believe N&W
exchanged the 203 to Southern Railway for a pair of trucks for business
car #101.
Harry Bundy