passenger car types

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Jun 7 18:26:01 EDT 2007

Hi Roger,

I'm not sure what picture you are looking at, but if the coach has a
"clerestory" roof, it is probably one of their class Pg in the 1600 series.
Funero & Carmelengo and Branchline both make very accurate models of this
car. The RPO might be what appears to be a unique combination baggage-mail
that I have seen in some pix but not described in any publication I know
about. I think it must have been part RPO because it looks like it had a
mail hook and one window for the mail clerk next to the small door. The
balance of the car was for baggage or mail storage with two more larger
doors. This car also is shown in some of the pix in the Link museum in
Roanoke. No manufacturer makes a model of this car - you would have to
"kit-bash" it. The N&W also had some short 60' coaches in the 700 series,
but I have never seen a picture of one in service.

Bob Folsom
N&W 1949 in Clemson, SC