Weaver O Scale 80' Smooth-Sided Aluminum Pocahontas Set

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Dec 3 08:04:44 EST 2007

"Lionel did the N&W correctly in 3-rail ! ! ! ! ! They are outstanding! ! !"

WHAT!
I don't know who wrote this, but, you've got to be kidding! Lionel screwed up the entire 18" passenger car line by gluing the windows on the outside. Sure, they look fine when viewed at a 90 degree angle, but, move to the front, back or overhead and the green tint of thick glass comes beaming your way. Besides the observation car needs major work with the way the end piece fits and all of the cars sit too high on the trucks.
The thing that really made me mad about the whole deal was that, they did the end windows the right way by installing them from the inside and making them flush. Take a sheet of paper and cover the left portion of the picture below. Now, slide it over and cover the right side of the picture. Kind of pitiful, ain't it?
No, the Lionel are not correct and they are not outstanding.
Jimmy Lisle