Sunset 4-8-0's

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed May 25 16:29:40 EDT 2011

I'll second that suggestion. I was in the hobby shop this morning, and
saw two decoders which caught my attention. One was a DZ123 with no
wires or plastic cover, and it was SHOCKINGLY small. Honestly, I think
you could fit it in an HO scale locomotive's dome! The other was a TCS
N scale decoder which is made in two halves, with wires between. Each
piece was minuscule, and the wires make cramped installation
convenient. Both had a 1 amp motor rating, making them suitable for
most HO models, and both were quite cheap ($20-30)

So, consider looking at a smaller decoder, and put it in the boiler or
cab somewhere.

Ken Rickman