Static grass applicator

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sun Dec 9 22:09:00 EST 2012

Modelrailroadhobbyist.com has an article on a do it yourself version for about $30. It uses an ionizer, a nine volt battery, a piece of PVC pipe, a sour cream pint container, a piece of steel screen, a slide switch, wire, an alligator clip, and the battery terminals. I built one and use it with success. The ionizer was the expensive and hard-to-order bit.

I thought I saw an ad in the latest MR for a commercial one that was about $40. It had more of a sifter look than the flashlight look about it.

The Noch is overpriced given the other options, even if it works really well. The fields of Virginia certainly need static grass to be modeled well!

Dave

Sent from my iPhone