Homasote vs pink foam board

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue May 6 18:18:10 EDT 2014

John,

While I can't say on the foam versus homasote, my benchwork is 1/4 OSB then Midwest cork roadbed for mainline and cork shelving material(Home Depot) in yards and secondary track. There are some places I used N scale cork.

Now I will say I do know about the BullFrog turnout control as I have built and installed over 120 of them. I have used everything FastTracks makes for these controllers. I have installed them thru 2 inch thick areas thru my benchwork to almost the full length of the rod on some inclines. They work with Atlas, Walthers and handlaid turnouts. I did not use them with my MIcro Engineering turnouts since they are sprung. For the price I feel they are well worth the investment. With the included micro switch power routing frogs are not problem. As with building anything model wise just have seat some wood glue and build away, I did about 10 at a time, I built my last 30 just this past month and they are all installed. Shipping from Canada can take away sometimes but I never waited over 14 days which they state as a possibility.

I highly recommend them! When ordering make sure you include everything you think you might need. I found having extra rod clips, control rods and z bar for the control rod to the machine helpful. I did a product review of these on ProtoModeler.com

James Wall
Rural Hall, NC