Paint color

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Jul 13 11:07:23 EDT 2015

Rather than trying to confirm that it stayed blue, I'd be trying harder to
confirm that it was ever blue.

This photo:

https://www.nwhs.org/archivesdb/detail.php?ID=120838

Also looks black to me.  Look at the transition from 4115 to 1013.  The
colors look the same.

Have you seen this photo?

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=204974

It looks black there.  If it was in this black (as delivered) scheme in
1978, it wasn't ever blue.  Looking at other locomotives that were still
blue that late, they have almost all faded to the point where you don't need
to guess if it's blue or black.

The photo here:

http://www.trainweb.org/randysrr/nw/nw_alco.htm

While it says "still blue" is less that definitive.  I've seen black
locomotives that have faded like that.

Good luck with your quest.

Carl Woods

Richmond, VA