Anybody want an N&W 4-8-0??

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sun Jul 19 01:24:08 EDT 2015

checking Princes book, some lasted to 1947, but many worked for 20-30
years. Till newer power and articulateds, they probably were some of the
earliest to go.

I think a relatively good priced model (Brass hybrid) is needed, and a
4-8-0 is a smart one as the N&W did not buy switchers till late, they
used the 4-8-0's. So if you model the N&W, and need a switcher, thats
it. If you consider an M2 (c) at some point thats a good one also. I
don't want to see a super priced brass 2000 buckeroos model nobody can
buy but the high end pricey collector. There's long discussions on the
Brass board about this idea, so a hybrid will be a good thumbs up here,
but I already own 2 M2c's and 1 M.

But who's to knock doing the M1 anyways, they existed, but you (the
modeler) could get the Walschearts from Precision Scale and mod one
fairly easily.

-Lynn-