Buddy St. John's East End Shop car

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Tue Apr 23 15:30:29 EDT 2019

On 4/23/2019 11:46 AM, NW Modeling List wrote:

> Any thoughts on cutting in the angled poling pockets on the corners?

Jim,
     Thank you for the kind words. This wasn't intended to be a money
pit project. I already had everything on hand except for the car. I
didn't want to wait around for pockets to show up. I don't miss them.
And, I didn't feel the need to buy another set of trucks, though I will
say that I was surprised that MTH put such modern trucks on what was
supposed to be a Civil War Cannon car! I think that the "flavor" of the
car came through and I am pleased with it...even though Alan Arnold
kicked it off of the OGR 3Rail Scale forum for, very simply (he said),
not having Kadee couplers (There is really more behind the scenes
skullduggery going on with that than meets the eye)!

Jimmy Lisle