Genesis Redbird

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Thu Nov 21 11:22:13 EST 2019

There are still brick and mortar hobby shops, some of which will order
models for stock, if they are confident they will be able to sell more
than what they have advanced reservations for. However, if they
ordered extra models, and before the models are delivered they receive
more advanced reservations, they may not be able to order additional
models to just have on the shelf if the deadline has already passed
and the distributors have already sold their allocation and the
manufacturer has set their production numbers. It's not just an
internet thing, but the model train companies no longer owning their
own factories, meaning they can't adjust production on the fly. At
some point they commit to a number with the factory and that is what
gets produced. If they decided they want more, they go to the back of
the line.

	Marty Flick