West Jefferson businesses question

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Apr 11 19:54:56 EDT 2020

On 1 of the links sent off-list by another person interested in the Abingdon
Branch, there is a 2-page article about a 1965 trip made by a couple folks
along with Ben Dulaney (PR Director) and an Ass't Trainmaster.  One of the
photos is attached.  In many pix I've studied about the line, common
boxcars, usually 40- or 50-footers with double doors, were destined for West
Jefferson.  Where can I find a list of rail-served customers for West
Jefferson?  Was there a furniture plant (name?) in WJ that might have
received lumber and shipped finished furniture by rail?  What else was there
besides a passing siding and wye near the station?

Jim King

http://smokymountainmodelworks.com/