N&W caboose project Spring Mills Depot status

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sat Jun 24 10:42:31 EDT 2023

The Steam/transition era is definitely not growing if not on the decline. The J is not a new model nor are the Arrow cars. The only new N&W steam is the N&W shay coming, but that is not a mainline locomotive and has a very limited modeling use. Noting all of that, we have not had a new N&W locomotive in years.
Old brass models is the still go to models for steam era modeling on the mass market. The steam era with it’s dying modelers has now moved to the 70’s plus market according to MR surveys. When BLI announced the N&W caboose they could not get enough orders to produce the models. I myself have dumped the steam era due to lack of new products. Where are the M’s that were being looked at to being manufactured - dead?
I believe yes we have to admit steam is dying out, that no new models in the pipeline shows where N&W steam modeling is headed.
Just some honest objective thoughts.
Stephen Rineair