rivet strip removal

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Wed Sep 13 10:42:38 EDT 2023

I will second the chisel Josh recommended, while I have not used that on it has been highly recommended by other HO scale modelers.

I use one from Hasegawa:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001HLYQNI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Hasegawa Modeling Chisel 3mm Wide Single-edged Flat (Tt9) Hasegawa
amazon.com

I have used this chisel to remove ribs on HO cars as well as other items such as cast on ladders and rungs.  They make a round one I have used on cars ends to remove cast on stuff as well.  I t fits good into a HO boxcar end,  couldn’t find it right away though.