Tuscan paint

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Mon Jan 29 08:44:40 EST 2024

To add to what Ken stated Imron is almost an epoxy type paint.  Grumman used Iron on the fire trucks built in Roanoke and it required special process and the protections Ken stated.  A special cleaning process for the surface, primer and thinner are all needed.  You could not even use regular car was on Imron paint it had to be a polish.  Most Imron also had a clear coat applied, which most of us do anyway to models.

> On Jan 29, 2024, at 05:39, NW Modeling List <nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org> wrote:
>
> The 300 preservation society has posted that they are going to use
> Imron paint code for the Tuscan (RH-725261)
> to restore the car to its former color.
> Does anyone know how to go about obtaining a gallon or less of this paint?
> Would be nice to be able to use "the real thing" on my passenger equipment.
> Thanks,
> Jim Cochran

James Wall
Rural Hall, NC