More Sad News

NW Modeling List nw-modeling-list at nwhs.org
Sun Apr 7 13:57:33 EDT 2024

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news for the second time within two weeks.

We heard this morning, that long-time member Bob Bowers passed away yesterday. We have no other details at present. Bob had been having some health problems for the last few months, but had been in the archives as recently as a week ago last Thursday.

Bob had been a board member, and headed up the commissary for many years. In addition to that, Bob had more quietly produced the database of diesel, maintenance of way and freight cars on the website. Bob continually added to those lists and was always doing more research, even up to the last week. Bob is probably more responsible for preserving N&W and NS diesel data than anyone out there.

In addition, Bob was a proofer for the Arrow and was a good eye for details.

Bob and I became good friends about six years back after a somewhat contentious relationship for years. Bob commented that if anyone had told either of us we’d become friends 20 years ago, we’d have both laughed them out of the place, but indeed we did become good friends and I will truly miss him.

He will be sorely missed.

Ken Miller