[om-list] Knowledge Processing

Luke Call lacall at onemodel.org
Mon Feb 5 08:35:58 EST 2001

Impressive as usual; sounds very good to me. Thanks, Mark.

By the way, I've been using the UML diagramming tool called ArgoUML 0.8
more, and while it still has some bugs and quirks, it is free with
source code, runs on any platform, and is quite useful. If you wanted,
you could use it to document the data model in the form of a class
diagram, with notes (text boxes, in argo) that explain details, or an
accompanying html or text document. It exports GIF files, so it's easy
to put it all on a web page. It does require java 1.2+ to run, but
there's not much to the installation--once you have a java runtime you
just copy their .jar files and use the command-line that they give you.

I just pass that on in case it's useful. It might be good if we use the
same diagramming tool where it makes sense to each of us.

I've been slow but am working on the use cases for using the data model.
I'm meeting with some people from collab.net today (quite a
coincidence--an argouml founder works there and they're visiting my
employer today). Not sure what we'll talk about, but they are quite an
interesting outfit.

Luke.

--
Help us put all knowledge in one bucket: www.onemodel.org.