[om-list] Object Oriented Databases

Mark Butler butlerm at middle.net
Mon May 7 13:46:18 EDT 2001

I was reading a feature on Slashdot today about object oriented database
systems and ran across references to three open source implementations that
are worth consideration:  Ozone, Zope, FramerD, and XL2.

Ozone and XL2 are persistent Java object storage enivironments - Of the two
Ozone seems much more mature.

Zope is more a Python web application development environment than a database,
but it does have one in there.

FramerD seems the most interesting to me, largely because it was designed for
use in advanced AI / knowledge representation applications.

Slashdot article (with additional links):

  http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/05/03/1434242&mode=thread

Framer D site / paper:

  http://www.framerd.org/

  http://isj.www.media.mit.edu/projects/isj/SectionB/381.pdf