[om-list] Hybrid classifiers

MrM0j0r15n Rajeev the kanehbosm electrickanehbosm at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 30 11:08:50 EDT 2002

Hello mr tomp and others,

I may be reiterating what all the friends in the group already know and know
too well.

I think in order to build a classification system, we will need to use a
hybrid scheme: a multi-stage classifier, with parallel stages. Most
commercial classification systems (in any domain), use this, especially in
domains where the input "signals" are not well defined mathematically.

Ideally, each classifier in a parallel stage, prodcuces constraints on the
classifications at that stage. Each stage also increases the constraints, by
analysing what constraints are correct, and what are not. By rapidly
converting the various  yechniques of classification, into this framework,
we should be able to develop a reasonably correct classifier.

Thank you for listening.
insane