[om-list] Subject / Schema Oriented Computing

Mark Butler butlerm at middle.net
Tue Oct 7 16:40:38 EDT 2003

Yes.  My main observation is that the terminology used in object
oriented modelling (class / object / relation) is completely indequate
to the task of schema modelling , where a more appropriate terms are
concept, referent, and belief, respectively. Or in other words, object
oriented modelling is basically Aristotelean, and as such is relatively
impoverished in the age of Frege and Wittgenstein, let alone Descartes.

 - Mark