[om-list] Analytical models of irrational behavior

Thomas L. Packer at home ThomasAndMegan at Middle.Net
Sat Oct 11 09:42:58 EDT 2003

Mark

    You should play around with the Soar cognitive modelling architecture
(or Act-R), and see if that system could work.

http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~soar/docs/Gentle.pdf

    I bet you would have fun with it.  I have a bunch of Soar links on my
web page.

http://www.ontolog.com/Links/Soar.html

    (I will hopefully add more about Soar and especially about Act-R in the
future.)

        Soar has been successful in simulating the decisions of fighter
pilots in combat, including the simulation of talking to each other in their
restricted natural language.

http://www.soartech.com/

    I am almost certainly going to use Soar to build my language learner for
my masters project.  I've heard that the government uses Soar to simulate
the behaviours of other countries, and I think one company uses Soar to
simulate economic forces.

http://www.ers.com/

tomp

Víðar sum quem nihil obstat.