[om-list] links & a thot

om-list at onemodel.org om-list at onemodel.org
Mon Nov 7 09:52:23 EST 2005

Links for clusters list, then an OM thought:

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/10/27/1422230&tid=102&tid=187

http://hardware.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/10/28/0227222&tid=136&tid=126&tid=137

http://news.com.com/Sun+releases+Jini+with+open-source+license/2100-7344_3-5902446.html

http://news.zdnet.com/IBM+slows+light,+readies+it+for+networking/2100-9584_22-5928541.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=zdnn

for OM list:

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/10/25/2042238&tid=217
Google Base is very curious. The relationship of OM to the semantic web
had me thinking "semantic web is good for interchange but doesn't solve
the creation or storage problems". But with this move by google, maybe it
will be so useful for so many things (they hook people with classifieds
and scientific papers, whatever, but it can grow from there if people get
in the habit of sending content there at all), that they solve the storage
problem any way they want, and interchange is a non-issue (it's all in
google). The IP ownership and dependency angle are so will discourage
some. I would like to think about this some more sometime, and am
interested in any thoughts.