[om-list] Column Count in Code

luke call luke350 at onemodel.org
Tue Apr 26 12:06:16 EDT 2016

Whoah, I just realized you're talking about code style, not the OM UI.
Sorry.

Uh, I like 160 just because I don't like to scroll vertically so much.
At work it was same (maybe 130 or something).  How important is 80, to you?

Any lines that go past 160 can definitely be fixed, if annoying.  when I
intentionally wrap them, it's indented for readability/skimmability
(sometimes the leftmost code is the most significant when skimming; of
course not always, but on those lines it often is).  Or to make all
method variables all line up so the eyeball knows where to go for the rest.

So, it aspires to 160, but if you dislike that, I could go down to
something lower, but 80 feels like heavy scrolling.  If participating
devs on the list voted 5-to-one against what I'm saying, I might concede it.

Does that help?

--
Luke A. Call