[om-list] back up for now (was Re: demo down

luke call luke350 at onemodel.org
Mon May 30 12:22:20 EDT 2016

On 05/30/16 10:02, Jiri Soukup wrote:
 > I am looking for the info which describes the functionality of OM.
 > Ideal would be like a short story in which you introduce 4-5 objects,
and how you
 > do it, and then what examples of what OM allows you to do with it.
 >
 > That may be better for me (and also for potential users) than the
demo, which
 > is the second step that shows how the idea is implemented.
 > If you already have the info somewhere, please point me to it.
 > Jiri

Thanks for asking.  Let me know if my latest message to the mailing list
doesn't cover it; that also has links.  I think it does, but feedback is
most welcome.

     https://pairlist6.pair.net/pipermail/om-list/2016q2/000486.html
     https://pairlist6.pair.net/pipermail/om-list/

In addition to what is in the tutorial, there are other links on the
site (probably off the screen shots page and/or the getting started
page) that give some rough ideas on how i organize information.  (They
don't discuss how I do the equivalent of a document, but the web site
basically is that, in a way, and the concept is to move away from
documents to modeling actual knowledge in an object model. OM can store
documents themselves but isn't designed around that.)

I also updated the demo info on the site to say basically "let me know
when you want to try the demo so i can restart it" since it gets about
1-2 hits a week and no feedback lately even from those.

-Luke

(ps: I've been delayed, but am planning next to open discussion on
use-cases and requirements for sharing aka distributed OM use.)