[om-list] Fwd: Re: What I feel from your writings

Luke A. Call luke350 at onemodel.org
Wed May 19 10:40:46 EDT 2021

[resending several of these because I keep forgetting to cc: the list.]

----- Forwarded message from "Luke A. Call" <luke350 at onemodel.org> -----

Date: Mon, 17 May 2021 11:26:50 -0600
From: "Luke A. Call" <luke350 at onemodel.org>
To: Jean Louis <bugs at gnu.support>
Subject: Re: [om-list] What I feel from your writings

On 2021-05-04 22:42:32+0300, Jean Louis <bugs at gnu.support> wrote:
> - INSTALLING file is in web, core, and in main directory, in 2 of them
>   it says nothing, in one of them is just partially explaining
>   things. Nothing explains what should user do a

Below the copyright header in each one, it says exactly what to do, in
great detail.  In 2 of those 3, that is 1 line, which says what to do.
In the other (under core), it has many exact details that have to be
followed precisely, not skimmed.  To what extent did you do that, before
complaining that "Nothing explains..." ?

> - What would this mean "(... which ends here: |)"? Probably length of
>   string. But is unclear.
You got it.

> - It is unclear if <username> must be replaced with the system user
>   name, or I can make any username there?

Either one.  As I believe it says farther down, you can choose which.  If you
use the system username, you will hopefully not have to type the username
every time you start OM.

> - Website is unclear in "Getting started", but also confusing,
>   sometimes I click on a link which leads me nowhere but to the
>   heading that has same text as the link.

Please be more specific: which URL you were on, the exact, complete text of the
URL you clicked, and the URL to which that led you, and what
browser you are using.

> - but system seem to be made only for definition of relations, I do
>   not see or cannot find where I would be able to write a full note
>   and how. Would then external editor be involved? Or does system
>   expect me to write only short notes?

You would add a text attribute, and the system at that point would ask
you to use an external editor.  A good future enhancement is to improve
that, but won't happen very soon.

The tutorial might be useful for you.

Do you work for the FSF?

-Luke