BULLETINS OF THE SERVING LIBRARY *subscribe*

open-reading-group at o-r-g.com open-reading-group at o-r-g.com
Mon Sep 9 17:35:48 EDT 2013

Dear friends,

We've just published the 5th issue of our house journal BULLETINS OF THE
SERVING LIBRARY, a semi-annual collection of essays organized around a
theme that picks up where its forerunner DOT DOT DOT left off. While
previous editions have been gathered, more or less, around Time, Teaching,
Typography, and Psychedelia, this one is like an arrow passing through the
past, present and future of *Germany.*

We have also adjusted www.servinglibrary.org to make ordering the printed
version of the journal easier. Bulletins may now be ordered directly from
us, as either 2-year or 12-year subscriptions, here:

http://www.servinglibrary.org/subscribe

or as individual issues, here:

http://shop.dextersinister.org/

The Serving Library was set up to explore the possibilities of material
and immaterial publishing *at the same time* and *without prioritizing one
or the other.* Individual bulletins are released first (and free) through
our website, then collected, printed and bound in two separate runs in the
US and in Europe, and dispersed largely without conventional distributors.
Subscriptions are managed directly through us. It is a complicated,
perhaps precarious, economy, and that's also the point: to interrogate how
publishing can continue to work by doing it. While we remain committed to
freely dispersing individual Bulletins from our site (81,085 individual
PDFs served so far), we rely on sales of the print edition -- especially
subscriptions -- to cover the costs involved in commissioning new,
committed writing.

To this end, we strongly encourage as many readers as possible to
SUBSCRIBE to the bound, printed volumes released twice a year. Your
support will help guarantee future BULLETINS.

We might also add that due to rising printing and postage costs, we must
increase our cover price and subscription rate with the next issue. Don't
delay! Subscribe by OCTOBER 1 to lock in the current rate before prices go
up.

http://www.servinglibrary.org/journal

Thanks for reading,

Angie, David, Stuart (editors)