[Slowhand] MSG dissapointments

Lauren Blatt llrrbb4 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 30 22:50:19 EDT 2004

From: "Apurva Parikh" <apuraja8 at hotmail.com> says:

Although, I wasn't in NYC for any of the shows so far
and won't be for
tonights, from reading peoples reviews and the set
lists it seems very
underwhelming. I am sure the show has had its moments
(sheriff, the
blues
numbers and Cocaine), but for a 3 night stint at such
an historic venue
and
city where Eric has previously done so much, it would
seem he would
inject
something new.
I guess the optimist in me was thinking since he had
three nights, he'd
do
one standard tour setlist, one all blues setlist, and
maybe one
acoustic/slow set... Just my 2 cents on it..>>

Who have you been watching all these years?  And, why
do you even bother wondering about this.  EC is not
going to change.  We all know it.  I've learned to
live with it.  I think we all need to so we can move
on!!

(The only chance of surprise is during the encore,
sometimes depending on the city, he may have someone
different join in.  Like here in Chicago, sometimes
Buddy Guy will join him on stage)