[Slowhand] EC's NEW Amp

Clapton495 at aol.com Clapton495 at aol.com
Tue Jul 6 17:43:50 EDT 2004

In addition to this new Fender "woody" EC is using, he is also no longer using his loved Re-issue Fender Twins.  I looked into this closely and after examining some close ups of the Fender Twin look-alike I found it to be a Cornell.  Cornell is a custom amp company in England.  They make a custom amp for EC called the Custom EC 40 or 80.  EC uses the 80.  Its almost identical to the Fender Twin he's used in the past.  It uses Tone Tubby Speakers.  More information on the amp can be found on the Cornell web page, not exactly sure what it is.  Amp is pretty pricey to, for the 80 being almost $4,000.  Anyway, thought this was all interesting.  eRic.