[Slowhand] Columbus

Bob Rost bob.rost at fuse.net
Tue Jul 13 10:20:36 EDT 2004

GREAT show last night in Columbus.

Robert Randolph was much better than I expected.  Went on at 7:30 and played
a very high energy, 30 minute set.

EC went on at 8:30.  Same set list as previous shows.

Let It Rain followed by Hoochie Coochie Man.

During Walk Out in the Rain, I think his wife took his daughter down on the
floor and had her in the aisle.  I think EC saw and recognized them, got a
big smile on his face and turned it up a notch.  I Shoot the Sheriff was
terrific and after the song he referred to Columbus as his second home.
Very animated playing, smiles all around by the entire band.  Great Robert
Johnson set.  Could hardly sit still, left foot moving all over the place.
Closed out with a great hits set.

The only down side was that I couldn't get my 35mm camera in the arena and
had problems with our digital camera.  Will have pictures on my web site
when I get back from vacation.

Mark, if you were there and you have a cd of this show I love to get a copy.

Thanks,

Bob Rost