[Slowhand] State capital trumps (barely) my hometown!!

Sam Mangano smangano at solartestinglabs.com
Tue Jul 13 12:06:36 EDT 2004

Hi folks:

running on fumes here at work (3 hours sleep after getting home at 4 am from
columbus). another great time had by all. although some points of the show
were better in cleveland, i reluctantly have to give the nod to columbus in
a split decision!

EC couldnt have been happier in his new adopted hometown, and it showed. he
was out to impress all the inlaws, and walloped about 16,000 more in the
process. he made some sounds come out of that guitar i havent heard in
years! lots of rocking back and forth, very animated facial expressions, and
up-on-his-tippy-toes outbursts. i also agree with mark, the girls vocals on
hoochie ARE becoming less grating-i never thought i would say that.
otherwise, they lend tremendous depth and feel to all the other songs they
sing on.

his daughters are very cute, and melia is much more attractive in person
than some of the awful tabloid photos. she held julie rose and ran back and
forth along our aisle seats most of the nite, except for when she went up
dead center during "walk out in the rain".  EC got one of the biggest smiles
on his face and waved to julie, and julie waved all the way back on her way
to the soundboard (by the way, kudos to my new friend from the crew working
back there - he saved me a set list as he promised me he would in
cleveland).  finally, for those who need to know, same white nike shoes as
in cleveland with a white shirt.

nathan was gracious enuff to host me and my friends backstage again. unlike
cleveland, since the band didnt have to fly out right after the show, they
all came to the after party (except EC, chris and billy)!! got pics with
michele and the diminutive sharon (i look like an NBA center next to her in
our picture, and i'm only 6 feet tall! Dave Langley, you will be receiving
it shortly). i gave nathan and doyle stunning 8X10's i had framed for them
from the cleveland gig, and they both took pictures with me as well. nathan
even signed my head on a stick, joining signed versions of those by Eddie
Money, Tom Jones, and David Lee Roth in the official head on a stick
museum/closet.

anyways, sad to say my EC journey for this year is over. i cant ask any more
of tracy than i already have with the twins (4 concerts in 10 days, although
some of you out there probably won't count van halen and kiss). chicago is
only a $90 round trip flight from cleveland, and i would love to see him
there maybe with buddy guy, along with my chicago friends, but its not to be
for me. as evidenced by seeing EC's reaction to his family last nite,
nothing can top being rejoined with mine!

hope everyone else has as much fun as i did this go around, and lets hope
and pray we can do it again in another 3 years.....

out
sambo#8