[Slowhand] Out of Office Mesages

Dale Kalina dgkalina at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 21 09:07:45 EDT 2004

Trevor Posted:

Thanks to the Slowhand Digest I now know that I do not need to send Rob Green, A.Linden and  James Vlahakis any emails in the next few days. That is greatly appreciated. I would respectfully request that these members contact someone back in their office to remove these redirect messages from their email or at least next time they are away to consider that MAYBE  we members really do not wish to scroll thru this information to read the real contents of this excellent message board. Just a thought.

For those of you using Lotus Notes in the workplace, there is an option to avoid sending these to places like mailing lists.  In the out of office setup there is an "exceptions" tab with a "Do not automatically reply to mail from Internet addresses." box that can be checked.  This should prevent your out of office reply from being posted on the Digest AND will ensure that you are not replying to SPAM and letting the world know your email address is valid so that you get even more.  I'm sure other email systems may have a similar option.

Dale