[Slowhand] Once more of geographics

Olli Oksala ollio at mbnet.fi
Tue Aug 3 01:33:57 EDT 2004

Hi all,
After these strange accusations from some SD'ers I feel so lousy, maybe
I have to make my point clearer. As many of you remember I have started
many CDR vines here on SD (maybe more than those who are accusing me!)
and had of course no restrictions whatever.
This changed last spring as I noticed most of my incoming trades had
been opened (and then cleared by the customs). Then there was big news
how two traders of concert recordings had their houses searched, their
computers and cdrs confiscated. Both guys got severe fines of tens of
thousands euros and even the guy, who had done only B&P's had to pay
thousands of euros to Alanisse Morrisette as compensation.

Now, I'm sure EC wouldn't charge me for compensations for distributing
illegal recordings, but maybe his lawyers would. I don't have anything
against people outside the EU, in fact most of my trades have been
overseas,(thanks to all my trading partners) but this is just a hobby
for me and I just don't want to get in trouble with it.
I'll continue trading on a modest scale, but at this time only inside
the EU, where the customs isn't watching the mailings so closely.
Everybody else is of course free to try their luck.

Keep on growin'
Olli