[Slowhand] Not So Wonderful Tonight....

An English Boy peter_dennis_blandford_townshend at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 9 12:40:38 EDT 2004

....it was previously written:
====================

As for it becoming the blues
equivalent of Wonderful Tonight, again I must disagree. WT is a
sentimental song which has not aged well (I agree, it was played too
often with little deviation from the standard arrangement). I find the
audience's feelings for the song amusing since EC wrote the song when he
was angry at Patty, it was NOT a love song!

==================================

To my best recollection, Wonderful Tonight was once called, by Eric, in an
interview,
as his least favourite composition, largely due to having been written while
drunk.

The version on 24 Nights I completely enjoy, but find most others to be
barely
tolerable. I have performed it onstage in a band I and quite liked the
challenge of
doing  the bends pitch perfect on such a subtle piece of music.

Lew~