[Slowhand] CD-R Rule Of Thumb

DeltaNick deltanick at comcast.net
Sun Aug 22 14:57:54 EDT 2004

>> Thank you to people like Richard and Leo and DeltaNick and Mark who have
been so forthcoming with their advice to me. <<

Let me just state 2 or 3 SIMPLE things here. On the subject of CD burning, I
am NOT an expert. I am simply an amateur.

However, I've picked up tips here and there, and read the SD over the years
and learned more. There are really just a few simple rules. In fact, I
understand where Almighty Bruce is coming from, but his commandments
constitute a list that's too long to remember.

Here's my one simple rule: take care to do your very best. Do not be sloppy.

If I do this, I will trade good discs with others, and hopefully receive
good ones in return. I try to take care all the way around, which includes
the CD-R, the artwork, and the CD label (I know there are some who prefer no
label, such as Bruce).

BTW, for disc labels, I use ONLY Neato, which is made by Fellowes. Turns out
they have, according to tests I saw a few years back, the best adhesive.
Now, Bruce may not like this and chime in, but I've never had a problem.

                DeltaNick