[Slowhand] Hendrix Tribute Session

fischfry at optonline.net fischfry at optonline.net
Wed Aug 25 09:38:48 EDT 2004

<<Was there ever a verdict on the EC Hendrix session?  Some folks posted that EC's contribution was recorded back when the first one came out and just now released, and others posted that it was a new performance - any consensus on this?>>

Mark:

I can confirm the session for "Burning of the Midnight Lamp" was indeed recorded at the same time "Stone Free" was recorded for two reasons:
One, I was there. I was fotunate enough to have attended a part of that session because of a friend who worked at the studio. Two, the bass player on that session, Bernard Edwards, passed away I think around 4 or 5 years ago.

Barry