[Slowhand] Re: Crossroads Guitar Festival offer - slightly off topic though

PM vdv64 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 12 02:30:44 EDT 2004

> geeks, as I don't even know if my copies are DAO,
> TAO or some other Tse Tung...

Vlado,
what you refer to is the TAO Te King, not any Tse Tung
;-) ;-) But I've seen it spelled also "DAO De
Dsching". It's an ancient Chinese treatment on the
"Way" (TAO/DAO) and the Wu Wei, the "Non Willing" ...
It's really great to switch to the "non
willing"-status while listening to music. With gaps in
between it's hard to keep this mood uninderrupted. So
the DAO-version is always preferable, even for non
purists as me.
I am one of those who sent out two shows burnt TAO
some months before this big discussion.
The first I've got it myself already in TAO (I'm still
waiting for an edited version) and I had to keep my
promise to pass it on. The other time it was my bad
but anyone has got a second, a proper version only few
days later. And I've learned my lesson. No bad words,
no accuses, anyone was very kind. It's a matter of
communication and insight on both sides imho.
It's easy - if you listen to your version of the show
and the music is continuous, whitout 2 sec gaps
between the songs, it's DAO. Just switch on "non
willing" or "listening by non-hearing" and you will
know what it means to fall in a gap if it's burnt TAO.
Not to offend you or anyone else !
Kind regards.
Peter