[Slowhand] sessions for robert j

Claptofan claptofan at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 16 13:00:39 EST 2004

this may be an old thread - but why didn't EC release
the sessions album as the me and mr johnson album.
the songs sound much more real and alive to me.  there
is more variety, as he plays some acoustic solo
numbers with slightly different arrangements from his
prior versions of the same songs (i.e ramblin and from
four until late).  overall - i think the album
resonates a more bluesy/eric feel than me and mr
johnson did (which sounded a little fixed and forced
to me).

basically, i haven;t taken the sessions cd out of the
player, whereas me and mr johnson was in and out then
just went out.

eric