[Slowhand] Rainbow Theatre 1981

Almighty Geetarz almighty_geetarz at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 30 21:12:51 EST 2004

Some months ago there was some discussion about the
correct date of the Rainbow Theatre show in early
1981. There is an audience recording in circulation
which is mislabeled as being from 5 February 1981,
when in fact it is from the 1979 Tour. Even more
interesting, however, is the fact that the "real" date
of the Rainbow 81 show has been considered to me 25
February 1981.  That is, until I received not only
information about the date of this performance from
someone who was there, but a scan of his ticket!

So now the question is: is the 25 February date
correct at all, or were there possibly two Rainbow
shows, one earlier and then a warmup show?

Enquiring minds want to know ...

http://www.geetarz.org/reviews/clapton/1981-02-05-rainbow.htm

Happy New Year!
AG