[Slowhand] Clapton Rips with Otis Rush

An English Boy peter_dennis_blandford_townshend at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 1 13:39:14 EDT 2006

For what ever reason, we all appear to agree that Eric mail in his
performance with Mayall at the 70th B-Day concert...but watching
the DVD of Otis Rush @ Montreaux with EC on 4 tracks is different.

Sure, I would prefer he played a Les Paul (always) but I think Eric
ripped some great licks and had a lot of fun playing with one of his
earliest influences....their call and answer/trading licks is priceless.

Otis is one of my favourites of all blues guitarists, along side of
Albert King, Freddie King, Buddy Guy, BB King, Albert Collins
and Little Milton. This video, EC content or no, is a MUST
addition to _my_ collection. Otis remains one of a kind and
one of the greats.

Lew~